Travel Profile :
Destination : Pulau Redang, Terengganu, Malaysia
Date : 13 – 15 May 2017
Duration : 3D/2N
Accomodation : Wisana Village, Pulau Redang
Travel Buddy : 3 pax
Cost Breakdown :
- Flight Fare (Return) : RM182 (Malaysia Airlines)
- Airport Transfer from Kuala Terengganu International Airport to Merang Jetty (Return) : RM34/pax (RM50/way/cab – max 3pax)
- Full Board 3D/2N Package at Wisana Village : RM670/pax (Holiday Package Superior Chalet – Triple)
Total Cost : RM886
Full Board 3D/2N Package include :
- Boat transfer from & to Merang Jetty
- Meals (2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch & 2 Dinner)
- 1 Snorkeling Trip (3 stops inclusive of snorkeling gear i.e. mask, snorkel & life jacket)
- 1 guided jungle hiking trip
Link : http://wisanaredang.com/resort/rates/
A short getaway for a sip of fresh air and loads of vitamin sea at one of the most stunning island in Malaysia. So, why Redang?
Besides its undeniably breathtaking view and being the largest island in the east coast Marine Park area, Redang is reachable from the mainland (Kuala Terengganu Airport) within approximately 70 minutes total journey time (30 minutes cab ride to Merang Jetty, 40 minutes boat ride to Redang Island) . If time is a constrain, Redang will be the most convenient island to reach with minimal travel time relative to the neighboring Perhentian Island will take around 105 minutes.
Check out travel details to Perhentian Island at: https://musafiriam.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/my-malaysia-perhentian-island/
We took an early flight departing from KLIA at 720 am, a 55 minutes journey across Peninsular Malaysia airspace to the east coast and landed at Sultan Mahmud Airport, Kuala Terengganu (TGG) Airport at 8.15 am. From the airport we hired an airport cab for another 30 minutes journey to Merang Jetty it’s a new jetty with brand new facilities.
An additional 40 minutes speed boat ride took us to our destination, Redang Island. Most of the resorts were located at the Pasir Panjang Beach, the largest beach at the eastern part of the island, and there are a few other resorts at Teluk Dalam Beach on the northern side and Teluk Kalong Beach on the southern part of the island.
People often confused Merang Jetty with Marang Jetty as it sounded almost the same, most of the time the cab counter will enquire on your destination to ensure that you get to the right jetty.
Always remember, Merang Jetty serve boat ride to Redang and Lang Tengah Island. While Marang Jetty serve boats to Kapas and Gemia Island.
Located at Telok Kalong Kechil Beach, Wisana Village Redang is the sole resort operator at the beach. I would personally recommend this chalet for its most warm hospitality, tastefully designed private resort and superb services. Early booking is recommended as the chalets are often fully booked and operates from mid March to end October, and the island will be closed during monsoon season from November to early March.
There are only 10 chalets available which makes it a really peaceful place to relax and unwind. All of them are beach front chalets with only few steps away from the sparkling emerald green water and offers a stunning sunrise view from the balcony.
The room are tastefully designed, very clean and spacious with basic amenities such as air-conditioning, water heater, towels and toiletries which is perfect. The lounge deck is my personal favorite, it’s love at first sight. Really peaceful homey ambiance with reading corner, relaxing music and an-open air beanbag area overlooking the majestic blue sea, just lie down your head, the sea breeze will sweep away all your worries.
This resort has no jetty, so the boat will stop by the beach and the staffs will assist the guest to get on and off the boat every time. The whole crew will be there by the beach to assist and to greet a warm welcome to you upon your arrival and wave you farewell upon your departure, a hospitality you rarely find elsewhere. The staffs are also super accommodating as the resort only cater a few guest (10 chalets) at one time and they deserves a perfect score for their hospitality.
Free flow of hot and cold drinks are available at the cafe and the meals are all inclusive in the package. There are also kayak rental and diving center available at the chalet or just immerse yourself in the crystal clear water and snorkel around the area as their house reef is just around the corner and it is home to a few remaining live coral, turtles and colorful fish.
Highly recommended, a perfect score for its hospitality – we come as strangers, we leave as friends.
We made our booking through email as the chalet is not listed in any hotel booking apps. The email response time is within 24 hours. Link : http://wisanaredang.com/
- There are about 14 resorts located at different beaches/bays around the island. 90% of the resorts are located on Pasir Panjang (Long Beach), and the remaining are located at Teluk Bakau, Teluk Kalong Kechil, Besar and Teluk Dalam respectively.
- Early season: Most of the resorts officially begin their operations in March, at which time resorts offer an early-season promotion with a good range of package prices.
- The best time:April-June because of the ideal weather conditions, public holidays and school holiday season. Thus, the price can increase whenever the surcharge is applicable.
- July-September is when European travelers visit the island. This period is known as the summer season for some resorts where a surcharge is also applicable.
- End season: Toward the end of September, most of the resorts offer an end-of-season promotion with a good range of package prices. This is a promotion held just before the November-February monsoon season.
Source : Wisana Village website, The Island info.
The Snorkeling Trip
The daily snorkeling trips is scheduled at 10 am, right after breakfast. The Snorkeling Trip or island excursion is included in the package (snorkeling gear provided) will covers 3 island i.e. Lima Island, Paku Island and Ekor Tebu Island. It’s a private trip using small speed boat with maximum 10 guest per boat hence everyone on-board will have plenty of space for themselves to enjoy the scenic underwater naturescape, home to vibrant and colorful sea creatures.
The Jungle Trekking
This guided jungle trekking trip is also part of the package. Burn the calories after a hearty lunch with 30 minutes hike to the peak of Teluk Kalong Beach, to be mesmerized by the breathtaking view of Redang Island from top of the hill.
Kayak rental is available at the chalet at an additional cost. We encounter turtles on our kayaking trip to the adjacent island and it was an exciting experience.
There’s a few diving centers at Redang Island, most of it are located at the Long Beach. Feel free to scout for the best price and the best we can find costs us RM90/dive. Water taxi is available to commute the guest at the neighboring beach.
Our short getaway to Redang was indeed rejuvenating. I wish we can stay longer here, and immerse in the beauty of this island forever. Come experience Redang, and let the beauty speaks itself.